Thursday, October 6, 2011

Asian Sloppy Joe's

Back when I was still a Frost, the Walker family invited me to the North Carolina beach with them every summer. They still invite me now whenever we can find a year to go, but I think it's neat they started loving me a long time ago. Anyways, each night a different couple was in charge of the meal, and the mom of the other family we meet at the beach made these fabulous Asian Sloppy Joe's one night. She's an incredible cook, and she always makes the most delicious healthy meals.

1 lb. ground turkey
1 cup chili sauce (I use Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
3 T. hoisin sauce
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice wine (or rice wine vinegar)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
Salt & red & black pepper to taste
Brown turkey in skillet with Lawry's salt and red & black pepper. Combine all other ingredients and stir into turkey. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes. (Freeze here.) Serve with scallion slices on top of buns spread with mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment